“We can’t wait any longer to love the places we’re losing!”
Next Saturday June 16th is the 9th annual Global Earth Exchange Day. Organisers Radical Joy for Hard Times invites people to ‘find and make beauty in wounded places”. http://www.radicaljoyforhardtimes.org/events/2018-global-earth-exchange/
There are 7 simple steps to doing an Earth Exchange:
- Go, alone or with friends, to a wounded place.
- Sit awhile and share your stories about what the place means to you.
- Get to know the place as it is now.
- Share what you discovered.
- Make a simple gift of beauty—often a bird made of materials the place itself provides.
- Take photos of the place, your group, your gift.
- Send Rad Joy a photo and a short description of what happened for their website.
This year, the Global Earth Exchange kicks off PEOPLE BINDING THE EARTH, a year-long project in which participants’ gifts to their beloved places will include marigold yellow yarn.
Where is your beloved, wounded place? Will you join in?