Map of events for Remembrance Day for Lost Species 2017. If you would like to organise an event this autumn, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to the online map of events for Remembrance Day for Lost Species 2017. You can also share on Facebook. And if you tell us, we’ll tweet about it via @LostSpeciesDay.
November 30th 2017 events:
- Chicago, USA: Constellation Chicago, Benefit Concert, 7.30 – 10pm https://www.facebook.com/events/831638697010219/
Salt Lake City, Utah: International Peace Gardens. Meet at the Gandhi statue at 6pm for ceremony. Details here https://www.facebook.com/events/120288578635382/1000 S 900 W, Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
- Heidelberg, Germany: Council of All Beings/ Work that Reconnects workshop for Lost Species Day https://www.facebook.com/events/1492532204175362/
- London, England: Winged Bench for Lost Species , Telegraph Hill Park, 10am -1pm https://www.facebook.com/events/141308823165135/
- Pacific: Watch the Birdie! BirdLife International Pacific & Anniemalsartist are raising awareness of 9 critically endangered birds
- Paris, France: Clown cabaret for Lost Species, venue TBC
- Madrid, Spain: Bionic Festival multi-biological art project – dance competition will take place at MADPHOTO in honour of Lost Species Day.
- Dorset, England: http://www.moveintolife.com/extinction.html Village Hall, Wootton Fitzpaine – Vigil 6pm – midnight. Drop in or stay throughout.
- Blaenffos, Wales: Blaenffos Permaculture Market Garden, Polytunnel Pilgrimage and Pollinator Pizzas 4-7pm. See www.vegetableagenda.co.uk
- Brighton: Procession for Lost Pollinators. Meet at O N C A at 6pm https://www.facebook.com/events/152627825343110/
- Kings Cross, London: The Story Bee Wreath – drop-in workshop 2.30-5pm https://www.facebook.com/events/497251060660885/
- Montreal, Canada: Artists’ meet-up at the Redpath Museum, 2.30pm onwards – the collection includes species which are extinct and endangered. Led by artist Katrine Claassens.
- Cley Hill, Warminster: Gathering 11am – noon. Meet at the top of Cley Hill at the Trig Point for a shared reading of the poem ‘Bestiary’ by Joanna Macy. https://www.facebook.com/events/1930360823883174/
Bishops Sutton, near Winchester, England: 12 Characters in Search of an Apocalypse. 7.15pm A Giraffe Social Enterprises production of the work of American author Andrew Boyd.
Other RDLS 2017 events
- Glasgow, Nov 17-30: The Big We Love Pollinators Swarm! https://www.facebook.com/events/1872569656116797/
- Melbourne, Australia, Oct 31 – Nov 10: To The Future Lost – exhibition by Gabbee Stolp & Michelle Stewart https://www.facebook.com/events/1943519052560028/
- Dublin, Ireland, November 4 -18: Bugonia – an exhibition of insect art by Nessa Darcy. At Bi Urban, 3 Manor Street, Stoneybatter, Dublin, Ireland D07 X054
- Paradise Beach, Sacramento, CA, USA, Nov 12: Riverbank ritual and potluck – https://www.facebook.com/events/664282287109747/
- Brighton, England, November 22 – December 10: Exhibition at O N C A – Ritual Burials & Extinct Icons by Mother Eagle
- London, England, November 27: Luke Rollason’s Planet Earth – special performance for RDLS, Leicester Square Theatre, 8.30pm
- Galway, December 1, 6pm: St. Nicholas’ Parochial School, Waterside, Woodquay – Sing for Our Planet https://www.facebook.com/events/712538632290777/
- Brighton, December 1, 2-5pm: Mead and seed bombs on the seafront with BeeSpace UK https://www.facebook.com/events/339663133166004/
- Oakland, California, December 2: Lucille’s Regenerative Memorial dedication in the Gardens at Lake Merritt – http://www.extinctionwitness.
- Montreal, Canada, December 3: Redpath Natural History Museum – workshop for children. http://www.mcgill.ca/redpath/channels/event/remembrance-lost-species-art-workshop-282628 Talk and tour of museum’s collection of extinction and endangered species, then participants can paint lost species.
- Worldwide: Hapi & The Lost Species – download the ‘Extinction Dance’ between Nov 24 and Nov 30 2017 https://www.facebook.com/events/228199754371816/
Some of 2016’s events
September 3rd, Embercombe: Thylacine Tribute Cabaret
September 7th, Brighton: Tasmanian Tiger Night at the Booth Museum
October 2nd, Brighton: Tolling the Bell for Lost Species for Rabb’s Fringe Limbed Tree Frog
October 4-8, London: Museum for Lost Stories/ thylacine memorial
October 26th, Brighton: Beach clean and art session for children
October 29th, Haverfordwest: Dance Macabre lantern parade for the thylacine
November 23- 30, Holocene Project, Colorado – tattooing for extinct species
November 16-30, Memorials for the Future Lost, Victoria, Australia
November 27th, Glasgow: Tree Climb and Picnic for Extinct Lemurs
November 27th, Milton Keyes: Procession with Festive Road
November 28th, Remembering Lost Species with the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs
November 30th, Alsager: Making a public memorial for Lost Species
November 30th, Maleny, Queensland: Remembrance ritual
November 390th, Deptford: Three Sheets to the Sea, performance ritual for the sea
November 30th, Bozeman, Montana: 108 Bell Rings
November 30th, London: Dinner Dedicated to the Dear Dead Dodo
December 2nd, Brighton: Do You Speak Seagull? Zoomorphic poetry night
December 7th, Sheffield: Music and stories in Remembrance of Lost Species
December 10th, Finland: Remembrance ritual
Whitehall Funeral for Lost Species, 2010